Thursday, September 28, 2017

California Dreamin' Or How I Got To The Doggie Beach

Here are some pictures of me and my daddies on vacation.

But mostly pictures of me.

We went to California to the beach. I love the beach. I love to swim. And I would love to retrieve sticks from way out in the water and then swim back with the waves.

It was a very long drive to California. When we used to live in Connecticut didn't take that long to get to the beach. We got there the same day. But this time it took us lots of days.

We had to stop with the camper and stay overnight in different places. One day we went to see some big logs that were turned into stone.

I was looking for some sticks that were turned into stone. But daddy said even if I found a stick that was turned into stone and he threw it in the water it would sink. So that would not be any fun at all.
There's Got To Be A Petrified Stick Here Somewhere

Then we drove to some Colorado River to camp for the night. That was fun because I got to swim the river and I had to swim hard to get back to the shore. But the sticks there were lousy. 
Colorado River
The next morning we left there and kept on driving.

Anyhows, the first thing we did after we set up camp in California was to go to the doggie beach.

Oh my Dawg! Was I excited! As soon as we drove down the street to where the beach was I saw the water.

Oh my Dawg! Oh my Dawg! I was squealing and could not wait to get out of the truck.

Daddies took for ever to get all their stuff and let me out. Then we walked down to the beach and I was on a leash. I was jumping and squealing and finally got unhooked and set free on the beach.

I was squealing and jumping and running around in circles looking back at my daddies to make sure that they were coming with me down to the water.

Daddy Frank found a stick and said it was because I was a lucky dog. It was the only stick on the whole entire beach. He threw it into the water and I went swimming after it so that I can bring it back and do it again and again and again.

I could fetch sticks from the water all day long.


A Roll In The Sand Is Icing On The Cake






We went to a couple of other beaches that we're not dog beaches. I had fun there too, but I like the doggie beach best.

At one of the other beaches the park ranger came and yelled at daddies to put me on a leash.



After that it was no fun. So I just lay down under the truck in the shade and took a nap. We didn't go back to the beach again.

A Seal Was Dead. It Was Sad.
Before We Got Yelled At

And I liked hiking up the big sand dunes near where we were camping in the trailer.





Other doggies liked the sand dunes too.







California Squirrels Are Small But Curious
We did shopping in California. Which is where you walk up and down the streets and my daddies go inside of shops but don't buy anything.

In P-town they do that but there are lots more doggies in P-town and while I'm waiting outside people come up to me and say how handsome I am. California was a little bit boring. Except for the doggie beach.

I knew it was the last day at the beach when my daddies started packing up and putting everything away. Then we got into the truck and we drove a long time.

It was pretty boring except for Lake Havasu where I got to swim. And take rocks out of the lake.


We parked our camper right next to the water. It was very hot there. My daddies did not like the noisy motor boats that were speeding around the lake until 2 o'clock in the morning. So then we got the truck and drove some more for a long time.

We did some camping at some ghost town where I got to walk around and go shopping. There were no ghosts there but there were a lot of souvenir shops. There was a gourmet doggie bakery. But we didn't buy anything. It was pretty boring. Then we got in the truck and drove some more.

When we got home I was happy. But I was also sad.

Because at home I go for a walk in the morning and then we just hang around the house all day long usually. Sometimes we do something fun later. Sometimes we play ball down at the town green. Sometimes we go down to the lake but not so much. And there are no waves at the lake.

We had so much fun at the beach.

Anyhows that's how I spent my summer vacation.

No comments: