Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hello World

Hi! My name is Benni and this is my blog.



They tell me I was born in the Outer Banks, North Carolina of a distinguished Weimaraner
mother and roustabout Labrador father who mistook mother for a Lab. But all that is hearsay and I don't remember much about the trip North to Aunt Merri's rescue house. Here is more about my first plane ride with Pilots and Paws.

My time there was short but happy. Me and my one brother and four sisters were kept warm and fed well. We had recess and romped in the playground several times a day. We had our medicine and whatever to make us strong and healthy. I'm 14 pounds and 11 plus ounces.



One day, a week or so ago, these two guys showed up along with other people and they picked me up and checked me over. I heard them say "He's the one." I wasn't ready to commit just yet, as you never know what tomorrow will bring. I learned that already, and I'm only eight or nine weeks old, not sure exactly.

Well, these two guys showed up again yesterday and Aunt Merri just picked me up and handed me over. They took pictures. They were cooing and happy, so I guess that was a good sign. So, what else could I do? I left my brother and sisters behind and went off on a new adventure. Now, I have my own place, a nice big yard and woods. It is so big, I'm afraid I'll get lost, so I pretty much stay within sight of my two dads.

I slept in my own bed last night and didn't get up 'till dad Leon woke me up to go pee at 6 o'clock. I think I'm going to like it here, especially being outside a lot. Dad Leon put this dumb collar on me and it makes me scratch. Dad Frank took it off, so that's cool. But they say we're going to the puppy store to buy me stuff and I just know I'll have to wear that scratchy collar. Oh, well. it's a puppy's life.


3 comments:

Mike D said...

Cousin Dexter says he's happy yo be a cousin again except this time he's the old guy!! I hope he doesn't teach you any of his bad habits.

Anonymous said...

That bowl is just so damn BODACIOUS boyz.
LOVE It! Do keep me laughing.
Auntie Merri

Anonymous said...

Beney- just sowz ya know- yer Mom found a most excellent home, too! She was sad to see you go, but just knew in her heart it was the right thing. Here everyone was thinking SHE was a floozy- it was really the Lab's carouzin' that got her into such a mess. Not to say you kids weren't loved - by any means! Merri's friend in NH, Lisa, is proud you are doing so great, and wishes you the very BEST of a long and healthy life.