Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Was Going To Run Away

I got yelled at cuz I chewed Daddy's computer cord.  I chewed it off at the end cuz it was right there near my chew toy and I was chewing on my toy and the cord got in my mouth and it tasted kinda good so I kept chewing it.  Then daddy Frank said, "I smell something" .... "like electric wires burning"... "Oh my God, he's chewing the power adaptor"..."Lucky for him it was on the low power end."

Right then I knowed I was in trouble.  Daddy gave me a time out and made me go to the cellar for 5 minutes. Dog, that was AWFUL.  He left the light on, but it was still AWFUL.  When he let me upstairs he didn't talk to me or say he was sorry.  Then Daddy Leon put me outside.  Well I was going to show them.  I wouldn't come in when they called me.  I just stood there, then turned around and was going to run away.  They was worried, I know it.  I just walked down the snow path and would not come home.  They called and begged. Then they shut the door again.

Ut-oh, now what was I gunna do?  Oh well. If it was summer, I woulda run away for sure.  I woulda teached them a good lesson.  Then I heard the garage door open and Daddy Frank was there, and I went in the garage but kept my distance.  Was I going to get yelled at some more?  Daddy Frank gave me a cracker and I went upstairs.

Then I laid down on my couch and Daddy Frank laughed at me and said I was such a wuss, that you would have thought they beat me or something.  But I ran away and in  the summer I will run away if I get in trouble. 

 I like my couch though and it is nice and warm in here and when I go to bed I always get a paw-full of crackers.  And I have a new bed that Daddy Leon made.  And I get to ride in the car and go to doggie park and the beach and hiking.  But I will run away next summer and teach Daddies a lesson.  Well, maybe.

I gave Daddy Frank a kiss and said I'm sorry.  I think he still loves me.

2 comments:

Frank said...

A note to Aunt Merri of Connecticut Labrador Rescue, Inc., our Lab Lady:

Benni was quite a stitch last night as you can see. He chewed a computer cord - something he never does - and got a time out. The poor creature, you would have thought he was Banished From the Kingdom. He went outside after the time out and refused to come in. When he finally did come in and got Absolution, he was all kisses and contentment.

Merri, what did you get us into? He has stolen our hearts!

-Frank and Leon

Anonymous said...

hi bennie luv aunt brenda