Saturday, September 11, 2010

Paradise Lost


Daddy says I lost my innocence yesterday at the doggie park.  I don't know what that is zactly, but I hope we find it again today.  Alls I know is that when we got to the doggie park yesterday there were lots of doggies there.  They didn't want to play too much, but Molly was very nice and I was playing with her, chasing a ball and running and I snuck in a few kisses.

Then all of a sudden, this Greyhound they called Stanley who had been running like a lightening bolt on the other side of the park came over and laid into me for no reason - except I bet he was jealous.  He was really mean and kept growling and started biting me.  Then his person came and took him off me.  Man, I was scared and I went running to Dad and hid behind his legs.  I was trembling and I wanted to go home.  But dad said I had to get back on the horse.  (He's nuts - there were no horses in the dog park).

So we stayed and me and Molly and all the other doggies just kind of hung out a bit.  Everything was fine 'till Stanley came back and laid into me again.  I don't know why he was picking on me.  His person got him off me again, and then I think they went home.  But I didn't know they went home and was so scared that I jumped up on the people bench and hid behind all the people who were sitting there.  They were nice to me and said its OK, Stanley left.

Gosh, I thought Doggie Park was heaven.  I thought all doggies were friends.  I thought all doggies liked one another.  I never realized there were mean doggies out there.  I thought doggie park was a place to be free and happy.  Daddy said the real world is not all roses (roses have thorns anyway, so what's the deal with that?)  But I think he means that even doggie parks are not heaven all the time.

Dad said we're going back there this morning.  I hope Stanley's not there.  There's always the beach.


3 comments:

Frank said...

Dear Benni,
You don't know how sad it made me to see the look on your face after you got ruffed up by the Greyhound. You looked as though your entire world had changed forever. That made me sadder than the fact that you were attacked by the other dog. You lost your innocence - and you will never get that back. Even if we go to the doggie park again, that is not something we can hope to find.
Love, Daddy Frank

Russ Manley said...

Everywhere you go, there's a son of a bitch . . . . Hang in there, Benni.

Stan said...

I'm sure Stanley has other issues that are not related to you Benni. Hang in there kid. Life goes on.