Friday, July 30, 2021

This is How I Am Walking and Getting Around...It's Not Getting Better

Daddy took these videos this morning. It's July 30. I'm 11 and a half years old, almost. But I'm feeling OLD. 

Daddy wants the vet to see me walk, so he made videos for when I go to the vet. It is getting more difficult but I need to keep up my strength and muscles. Daddy says I need to lose weight cuz I'm not burning off the calories like I used to.

When a couple of the dogs spotted a rabbit I went from walking funny to a run. Or should I say a run/hop to catch up. I used to be right in the middle of all the action. Now I still try to be a part of the pack.


Either I'm very stoic or I'm not in any pain. You try to guess.


This is my "regular" gait now when I walk. I do a bit better on smooth surfaces.


Daddy says I now have a "shoulder lift" in my walk gait. It has started recently and seems odd. Can you tell if it is pain or just some quirky thing like being unsteady on the rocky path, or is there too much stress on my front legs or what?










 

No comments: