Friday, January 15, 2016

A Lot Happened Since I Made A Blog Last Time

 It's been months since I made a blog. Daddy just won't share the computer for a minute.

So what happened since last time?

For a couple months Daddies made all the stuff in the house disappear. It made me nervous. The tables were gone, the furniture were gone, the dishes were gone, the clothes were gone, there was just my couch and the TV and my bed and Daddies bed left. I was getting worried. What was going on?
They put everything in boxes and it went down in  the cellar.

Then there was a lot of angry words about some real state, but I don't know what state. Then the back yard got all dug up and the men took out a big tank. Then there was a lot more yelling and screaming about how Daddies were getting screwed by this and bleeding money, but I didn't see any mony blood cuz they must have put a bandaid on it.

Anyhow, then there was a big trailer in the driveway. Then there was a lot of people come to visit.
Daddies said I had to say goodbye to my street. What does that mean?
Then all the boxes went into the trailer. Then we all got in the truck. Then we drove and drove and drove some more and stayed in a hotel and drove and hotel and drove and hotel.
I snoozed a lot.
So what happened since last time I made a blog? I MOVED! Me and my Daddies MOVED! Not just move like go from the floor to the couch, but MOVED like to a new house moved.

I moved from my house in Bristol Connet-cut to a new house in New Mexico.

As they say here , New Mexico is not Mexico and it is not New, but it is still New Mexico. I don't get it, but it is a cool place.
For a while I was really homesick and a little nervous. I didn't know where we was. I didn't know where to go poop cuz there was no woods in the back yard and  there is a fence all around. So I went way down in the corner in the back yard. There was no grass and there was this bush that pinched me when I went to pee on it.
But the good thing was there is a doggie park. The same one I been to before. Last time that it was cold, they say a year ago was when I was there. The other good thing is there is lots of hiking and walking and running here. But I miss my girlfriend Katija.
And I have to look out for coyotes. There are rabbits out there too, and I like to chase them. Daddies yell at me."Don't chase rabbits, you are going to get yourself into trouble!"
I do like my new house though, it's cool.
There is a gate and it is like a cage. They calls it a courtyard or portel or something.
The gate opens and I go out to the front yard.
Sometimes there is snow in the yard, but then it goes away. I like snow. I always look good on a white background, don't you think.
In December I found this tree all decked out for the holidays out along the hiking trail. Cool.
This is my living room. And there is a love seat in the living room. Let me tell you about it. 
When we left the old house we left my couch there. I didn't have a comfortable spot in the living room for weeks. Daddy Leon put my bedspread on the floor, the one that used to cover my couch in the old house. Daddies thought that just because it was my old bedspread, I would be happy laying there in the living room with them.
But I hated it. I would just go lay in my bed in the bedroom when I got tired of the bedspread on the floor, which was usually right away.
Then Daddies went to the store to buy a little couch to fit in the spot near the fireplace. But they didn't put my bedspread on it. So I didn't go lay down on the new couch. I looked at it. I thought about it. I wanted it. But Daddy Leon wouldn't put the bedspread on it. So I went to the bedroom and laid on my bed every time they sat and watched TV.

Then Daddy Leon put my bedspread into the wash machine and dryer. But I heard him say it was still damp. He put it on the new couch. I think he wanted it to dry out better.

But hey, The Bedspread is nine tenths of the law I think. So when Daddies weren't paying attention cuz they were watching TV, I nonchalantly went over to the new couch that had My Bedspread on it and put my chin on it. Oh, it felt good.

Then I put one paw on it. The I hopped on the new little couch, turned around three times and plopped myself down. Ahhh, Home Sweet Home! Now everything is how it should be. I have a new couch and an old bedspread and I am content. Now I can stay in my living room with Daddies while they watch TV.
I spend time out on my deck too. I know they're out there.
Hiking is lots of fun. Here I am with Daddy Leon. We went for a truck hike.
You can't be too careful. You have to always be on the lookout...for bunnies. The coyotes are out there somewhere too.

Snow bunnies here, maybe?
Here I am with Daddy Frank. It looks like he has a treat, but I think it's a rock I'm interested in. If he throws it I'll fetch it.
Of course sticks are still my favorite thing to collect when out hiking. They make me think about the old doggie park in Bristol and about my girlfriend Katija. I wonder if we'll see each other again. I love you Katija, Your BFF, Benni.

No comments: