Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Thought I Saw My Girlfriend but I Went For A Hike

We were in the car in a parking lot near another trail and my heart got all aflutter when I saw Katija.
 
I couldn't wait to get out and say hello, because it has been so long since I saw her. At least four weeks which is seven months in dog years. I went over as fast as I could to get a sniff.
Darn, I wasn't Katija - it was a boy dog who looks a lot like my girlfriend Katija. He was nice, but we just didn't click.

I just said, "Take care bud, nice meeting ya." Then he went off his own way.
Well, everyone knows my philosophy is FUN and more FUN. 

Here we were in the high dessert hiking and what did I find - a Swimming Pool!
I had a nice drink, then I couldn't resist going in for a dip. Daddy Frank said it was not allowed. But he is just a spoil sport and doesn't know about FUN!

Then we went for a nice long hike on the yesterday and went way up high so we could see far.
I was checking out these bowls in the rock, looking for water. You may think I'm crazy, but I know where to find water. Back home, there would be water sometimes in between trees where the two trunks meet together or in these rock water bowls, but here it doesn't rain much and all the snow went away already, so they were dry as a bone. 
Or dry as a rock in the dessert.
Saw a couple of other doggies on the hike too.

Best of all, there were sticks to carry.
Hi ho Silver! Away!


No comments: