Sunday, November 24, 2013

I want to tell you about a distant cousin

ME when I got rescued and went to my new family
But this isn't about ME!

I want to tell you about Xena.

There was this dog who was abused and starving when she got rescued. Her name is Xena, Xena the Warrior Puppy. She was almost dead and her rescue lady helped her get better.

But then Xena found Johnny in that special way that we dogs have of finding our human soul mates. Xena found Johnny, an autistic kid who hadn't done too well until Xena came into his life. Now he talks and eats better and feeds Xena and goes places where he used to feel anxious.

This just goes to show that not only are we dogs important, but that rescuing a dog can change a life for the better.

Read and see videos of Xena and Johnny here. I can't put a picture of Xena in here cuz there is copycat right.

1 comment:

Stan said...

Such a sweet story. I hope Xena gets licensed as a therapy dog. She is wonderful.