Saturday, February 16, 2013

I Get It - I'm No Dummy


Daddies got a new couch.  They both said they needed a new couch like they needed a hole in the bed.  Or a hole in their head or something.  So I guess that means they needed it bad.

Anyhow the old couch was mine.  I used to lay on it every day and every night when we watched the Tee Vee.  I took up the whole couch practically unless Daddy Frank wanted to share.  Then I would move over and share.

Well, they moved it out the other day and then later they brought in a new one.  It looks nice.  I put my chin on it but Daddies did not say "OK, come on," or "Hop up," or anything like that.

So I didn't get on the new couch.  Instead they brought me a big fluffy old bedspread that is real nice and put it down on the floor.  I laid on it and they seemed happy.  I might like the new couch but I haven't been invited yet.

Today, both daddies had to go out.  Daddy Frank covered the couch with a big sheet.  I heard him say they were going to be gone most of the day and they figured that I would take my chance to try out the couch.  Daddy Frank is smart.  He put the sheet on real tight and smooth so that if I hopped on, he would see the wrinkles and know what I did.

But, I'm a good dog.  I get it.  I understand more than they think I do.  They must think I'm like other doggies who are sneaky and do things when no one is looking.  Kitties do that -those cat types are real sneaky.  Some doggies do that too.  But They under-estimate me.  For cryin' out loud, I do this here blog, so I'm no dummy.

Anyhow, Daddy Frank got home first.  He saw the couch and the sheet was just like he left it.

He said, "Benni, you are such a good boy.  I'm so proud of you.  You are so special."  and he was real proud of me and happy.  He said, "Come on, let's go to the doggie park for a nice hike through the woods in the snow."

So we went for a long walk and I got to play with a bunch of other doggies.  We came home and I ate dinner, now I am lounging on the floor, on my big fluffy bedspread.

But, if you want to know the truth, it's only a matter of time before they say - and it will be Daddy Frank I bet - before they say, "OK, Benni, hop up."  Then I'll get to lay on the couch and that will set a president.  Then there'll be no stopping me after that.

I am good.  Life is good.  Ruff.